Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What a Hoot!

Hi all and Happy Wednesday! If you didn't notice, Impression Obsession introduced a brand new stamp line recently for their Fall/Winter line up called Zenspirations, designed by Joanne Fink. I have to tell you, I am in love with these whimsical designs. I guess I am not alone because today the IO Design Team decided to have a hop centered around these fabulously fun stamp sets! On to my creation!


For my creation, I picked the set called What a Hoot! And... isn't this little lady cute?


I just think she's darling! For my card, I stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored her up with Copic markers using YG23, YG21, E37, E31, R83, R81. The base was shaded with C3, C1 and C00. I also accented her eyes with a white gel pen.

And... speaking of gel pen, I also accented this fun sentiment too! See?


Would you like to win a $25 gift certificate? All you need to do is visit these lovely ladies' blogs to see their Zenspirations creations!

Supplies:

Stamp Set: Impression Obsession What a Hoot!
Card Stock: Flourishes Classic White
Decorative Paper: My Mind's Eye - Vanity Fair
Markers: Copic Markers
Ribbon: Pink Cotton Linen
Embellishments: Kaiser Sparklers in Fern
Pen: Ranger Inkssentials White Gel Pen
Spellbinders: Blossom Nestabilities Die, Grand Scalloped Square (for decorative border) & Grand Calibur Die Cut Machine

33 comments:

stampqueen said...

Yup - Lovin the Owls!!!
You have colored her so cutely!!

itsallrosi said...

this is adorable! I think the owl set is my favorite, but I also really like the halloween one.

sonyaeverding said...

Absolutly LOVE the pink and green.....what a hoot is right LOL

Stephanie said...

Julie.......This is adorable. I absolutely love the pink and green! Add in that houndstooth and I'm completely smitten! LOL

Glenda said...

Pink and green is my favorite color combo! This owl is adorable!

Kelly Massman said...

What a cute little owl and card!

Ginger Benedict said...

So cute, love the pink, never would of thought to use pink with an owl. Really liking this little guy.

Margie said...

Ooh, this is sooo pretty! I love the color combo, and the coloring is beautiful!

Denise Bryant said...

I love this sweet owl! Can't wait to see the other Zenspirations inspirations along the hop! Glad I stopped by!
DeniseB

Ann said...

Love this! Gel pen is a great idea.
Ann

Donna Ellis said...

As soon as your blog page opened my heart said "awwwww" SO DARLING! Love the colors, and sweetness you've displayed in this card, Julie. Joann's new stamp line has me hooked. Zen is a wonderful style, and these are so tastefully created!

Susan (rainy) said...

What a darling card, Julie! And I love the way you accented the sentiment with the gel pen to help it show on the dp. Great idea!

Chrisi said...

I can't resist pink! Thanks for sharing such a great idea.

April said...

Really cute card! Great coloring. I am loving this owl.

Lillian Child said...

Gorgeous coloring work on that owl, Julie!

Cindy said...

Super darling little owl card! I love the colors you used :-)

Linda Carson said...

cute, cute, cute!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet owl! Love the colors!

Donna D.

Janine said...

I love her!!!

Tracey said...

SO SWEET!!!! LOVE this card and the colour combo!!

Mary said...

I love that little owl -- he's so cute! I like the pink and green color combo you chose!

Tina Mayo said...

loving these owl cards sooo cute!!

Linda Rink said...

Another card with my favorite owl of all time!!

suzieq23 said...

I think my fave is the owls. How cute with the doodling in their tummy!

Katie said...

Aaawwwhhh! That is one of the sets I want to get. I love owls and this one is so cute! I love the card you made with it. Fabulous! Thank you for sharing.

Katie B.

Tami B. said...

What pretty colors you chose.

Adrienne said...

such a well put together card- love the colors

Patti J said...

This little guy is so sweet! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation!

Janie Printz said...

She is too cute to hoot !!! Love the color combo & this whole line is adorable.
Janie

michemilie said...

I absolutely love this owl stamp! She's adorable. And I love the colors you used! Thanks for sharing.

Ravengirl said...

She is cute! Those gel pen accents are great!

Ida said...

She's fabulous and so is your darling card.

Anonymous said...

Great color combo.
mt23stamperatyahoo
Keep Looking UP!